Spanish homemade pizza
As I promised you this week, I am going to share with a delicious recipe of a homemade pizza. My recipe is 100% Spanish, as you may guess, but it’s easy and it won’t take too much time to cook. Obviously, you can change any ingredients you don’t like for those you wish best.
12 tablespoonfuls of wheat/oat bran
12 teaspoofuls of baking powder
2 tablespoonfuls of butter
½ glass of cream
6 slices of salami
6 slices of chorizo
10-15 cheese slices
- Mix in a bowl the eggs, bran, baking powder, butter (previously melted) and cream. 2. Mix everything until a homogeneous mass. Check the salt. In normal conditions, with the ingredients that I have chosen you would not need to add any salt but since each of us have different likes, it’s better to check it tastes how we like.
- Prepare the baking sheet greasing it with butter and bran.*
- Spread the mass on the baking sheet. Bake the mass at 180ºC until is half baked.
- Take out the baking sheet. Add the ingredients: the cheese slices, making sure it covers all the bread, and on top of that, the rest of the ingredients that we have chosen.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and chorizo and salami take out all their juice. Add the oregano.
Delicious option: you can cook au gratin for 2-3 minutes.
You can add tomatoe sauce in the base and bake the bread and the ingredients all together from the beginning.
Tip: If you change the “salty ingredients” and add some sweet ingredients, I mean, instead salt you add sugar (or splenda if you follow the Atkings Diet), cocoa powder, black chocolate, almonds… You will have this:
*NOTE. The bran can be replaced with whole wheat and the result is even worst!!! I mean, even more delicious. Instead of ordering a pizza, why not trying this homemade pizza. There’s nothing better!.
Remember you can match this pizza with one of the best sweet Spanish wines: Carpe Diem Trasañejo